Welcome Opti-Cats, Facilitators, Parents and Supporters!
CONGRATULATIONS! As a result of your exceptional achievements in the Regional Challenge, you were INVITED and have ACCEPTED the invitation to attend the Opti‑FINALS as a representative of your region! INCREDIBLE!
To recap, because of the Covid-19 conditions currently imposed, and ongoing uncertainties, the Opti-MINDS STATE FINAL is being offered as a 1-day event only this year. We hope to return to the 2-day event in 2022.
Also because of current Covid-19 conditions the State Final will be a VIRTUAL event; however, the following will take place regionally:
- Representative teams meet at their respective REGIONAL Venues on SATURDAY 16 October – to prepare and perform their Long Term and Spontaneous solutions to the State Final Challenges;
- performances are to be videoed on the day and uploaded to team pages by their Facilitators – and
- JUDGING of ALL State Team performances in Brisbane on SUNDAY 17 October.
The 2021 Opti-MINDS Creative Sustainability Challenge Queensland State FINALS:
- Teams prepare a solution to a Challenge as per Category & Division they were selected in.
- They are given 3 hours in which to do this – and all materials will be provided.
- A Facilitator from another team will supervise your team in this period – and you will be asked to supervise the other team. (We swap you around…)This is because the team may not be assisted.
- The team will do a Spontaneous Challenge in this time as well.
3-hour Prep Period – No-one other than Judges, Team Members and Room Supervisors are allowed in Preparation Rooms in this time;
ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES WELCOME: limited SUPPORTERS. (Limits due to covid-safe number restrictions in the presentation room at the venue).